Dr. Jan BOHACEK
Montanuniversität Leoben, Austria, EU
At the METAL'18 conference Dr. Bohacek (collaborator of Prof. Ludwig) will present the plenary lecture: "Simulation in Metallurgy: Past Achievements and Future Challenges".
- Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Laboratory, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic
Doctoral degree - 2011 (Effect of flow parameters of water and air atomized sprays on cooling intensity of hot surfaces)
- Victor Kaplan Dept. of Fluid Engineering, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic
Master’s degree – 2005 (Ejector type cooling nozzle)
since 2017 in Heat Transfer and Fluid Flow Laboratory, Brno University of Technology, Czech Republic.
since 2011 at Chair of Simulation and Modeling Metallurgical Processes, Montanuniversitaet Leoben.
- in 2010 in SVS FEM s.r.o., Brno, Czech Republic
- in 2008 a member of CFD group under supervision of Dr. Tim Peeters in Tata Steel, Ijmuiden, the Netherlands
Volunteer referee tasks:
for Materials and Metallurgical Transactions and Transactions of the Foundry Research Institute.
Publications: available on http://smmp.unileoben.ac.at/de/2706/
- CFD simulations in ANSYS Fluent, Palabos (LBM), MATLAB,
- Free-surface flows coupled with heat transfer and solidification,
- hyperbolic PDEs, shallow water equations, approximate Riemann solvers,
- linear solvers on GPUs,
- automation with Raspberry PI and Qt.